Sunday, September 02, 2012

Imitation Reese's Brownies



This was our delicious attempt at recreating the yummy looking Reese's Brownies that we saw floating around Facebook recently.  It started as a chocolate cake mix that I brownie-fied by adding more oil and less water and then I added a whole bag of Peanut Butter Chips!  (I added them to the batter, but next time I probably will try to sprinkle them on top just before baking.  This time's try resulted in a yummy result of a thick layer of peanut butter mixed with chocolate at the bottom, but I was hoping for them to be spread  throughout the cake more.)  For the topping I made a peanut butter ganache from peanut butter and some powdered sugar and some butter and heated and stirred until it was shiny and smooth (the sugar is necessary to make it taste more like Reese's peanut butter, which we didn't have any of).  Then I made a chocolate drizzle with semi-sweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips that I heated with butter until it was all melted and shiny (this made it stay soft but still very chocolatey).  The result was...well, just look at Tyler's face!  I think the cake mix made it a lighter texture, but the flavor was just as intense and complimenting to each other.  We love it and will probably make it again!  Happy baking!

No comments: