Monday, February 04, 2008

Alley Cats, Robots, and Trick-or-Treating! Oh, My!


"I'm an Alley Cat!" <--Name that movie.

Complete with bandaged tail, this homemade creation that my mom made for my older brother to wear when I was just a baby, (Sorry Mom, I somehow lost the black mittens.) was Patrick's first of many choices of costumes. Patrick loved to pretend to be each thing we asked him if he was interested in dressing up as, but since we had this costume and it fit him just right we decided to stick with his first choice. Patrick was a brave little cat roaring at the scary houses when we trick-or-treated to them. Patrick Loved being an alley cat and carrying around his tail when he wasn't eating candy. Meow.
(Side note: The bandaged tail was to fix the original hole put in the tail by my big brother Nathaniel, and added to by my little sister Camilla from dragging it on the sidewalks trick-or-treating)

A little robot dance from Alma before we head out. I made his pants myself, and Kevin helped Alma make the box/body. They wrapped a box from Baby Wipes in real shiny tape for ducts (fancy duct tape) and then took turns drawing on it with permanent marker. (side note: Alma was a robot last year too and loved it so much that he would only consider being anything else if he could be it while still being a robot. Cowboy Robot anyone?)


"Beep! Beep! Trick-or-Treat!" and "Meow! Nandy?"


Hee hee hee! I see candy!

This is at the Trunk-or-Treat at the church.


Halloween Mommy!

1 comment:

Amy Bateman said...

Great costumes! I can't believe how grown up the boys look.